Belgium Visa Information
- Schengen visa is required for international travelers visiting Belgium or any Schengen country irrespective of the reason for travel.
- You have to apply for Belgium visa at the Belgium embassy or consulate in the country of your residence.
- The short stay visa for Belgium will be valid up to 90 days. Visa cannot be extended and a new application has to be made.
- Once the application is submitted it will take from 48 hours to 8 weeks to issue the visa.
- Insurance Plans available at American Visitor Insurance are applicable for
- Schengen Visa A (Airport Transit Visa)
- Visa B (Transit Visa)
- Visa C (Travel Visa)
- Visa D (Long Stay Visa).
Documents required to apply for visa
- One completed application form
- Recent Passport Size Photos
- Any entry or enrollment certificate
- a certificate issued by either an international organization or a national authority,
- A medical certificate issued by the doctor and approved by the embassy
- Proof of travel medical insurance plan
When to visit
The best time to visit Belgium is from early May to September.
Brussels, Bruges, Antwerp, Liege, Oostende, Namur, Tournai, Mons, Dinant, Leper, Gent..
Stoemp: potato, Salade Liegeoise / Luikse salade: a salad with green beans, pieces of bacon, onions and vinegar, Vlaamse stoofkarbonaden: a Flemish beef stew, Waterzooi: a rich stew/soup of chicken (or sometimes fish), Boterhammen/Tartines: Slices of rustic bread and an uncovered spread, Tomate-crevette / tomaat-garnaal: a snack or starter...
Dutch, French, German,Luxembourgeois, Picard, Walloon...