Fixed benefit or scheduled benefit plans are the most affordable international travel insurance plans. These fixed affordable health travel insurance plans are cheapest but provide limited cover for unexpected sickness and injury while outside ones home country.
Most of these fixed benefit affordable world travel insurance plans are per injury/sickness plans. Per injury/sickness plans set the policy maximum back to the original amount after some amount is used in case of a claim expense. The deductible has to satisfied every time for a new sickness in a per/injury sickness plan.
There are many affordable online travel insurance plans available in the market.Here are some popular affordable medical travel insurance fixed benefit plans:
- Safe Travels Elite from Trawick International
This plan is an affordable fixed plan from Trawick International. This plan can provide a policy maximum starting from $25,000 and goes up to $175,000. This plan is unique compared to other fixed benefit plans where this plan provides "well doctor visit" that pays up to $75 for one visit.
One visit per policy period is available. This provides a good coverage for the acute onset of pre existing condition. This plan has a deductible of $0.
- Safe Travels Elite Diamond plan for Seniors
This affordable fixed plan from Trawick International is available for seniors from the age of 50 up to 89. This is ideal affordable travel insurance for seniors for ages 70 and 89 years.
This plan provides a policy maximum of $50,000 for the Diamond plan and the Diamond Plus plan provides a policy maximum of $100,000. This plan has a deductible of $100 and $200. This plan provides a very good coverage for acute onset of pre existing condition.
- Visitors Care plan from IMG
This affordable travel insurance plan from IMG provides fixed benefit coverage which provides policy maximum ranging from $25,000 up to $100,000. This plan covers acute onset of pre existing condition up to the policy maximum up to the age of 70. It covers $2,500 for people above the age 75 for acute onset of pre existing conditions.
Apart from that, there are benefits covering physical therapy, extended care facility. This plan is renewable for 2 years.
- Visitor Secure plan from WorldTrips
This is another fixed benefit plan which is affordable from the company WorldTrips. The policy maximum available on this plan starting from $50,000 and goes up to $100,000.
This plan also similar to the above mentioned fixed plans have benefits available for the customer.
- Inbound USA from Seven Corners
This affordable travel insurance plan has a policy maximum starting from $50,000 and goes up to $150,000. This plan has a maximum life time of 364 days until which the plan can be renewed/extended.
- INF Premier Travel insurance This is the most economical fixed-benefit insurance plan for pre-existing conditions. The Premier plan covers all emergency, in-patient hospitalizations up to plan maximum options of $150,000. The Plan works for all ages, and includes acute pre-existing visitors insurance for age 80+.
- They have a fixed amount specified for each and every benefit, beyond which they do not cover the expense
- There is no co insurance factor which helps to make the claim expense coverage flexible extending the coverage up to the policy maximum.
- Most of the Fixed plans are affordable but do not cover acute onset of pre existing condition for travelers above 70.
Due to the above reasons, it is advisable to choose a comprehensive plan instead of a fixed plan considering the major medical expense. This is not at all easy in countries like the US where healthcare is very expensive.
To make the comprehensive plans affordable, travelers can choose a higher deductible or a higher co-insurance option. The co-insurance associated with comprehensive plans is such that the insured pays 10 to 20% of the claim expense after the deductible up to a dollar limit which I usually $5000.
This way even major medical expenses that can be catastrophic will be covered while trying to make a comprehensive plan an affordable travel insurance plan.