Travel Insurance for Costa Rica covid-19 visa requirements
Safe Travels Voyager insurance
and Safe Travels Outbound insurance
by Trawick International is available for U.S. Citizens and U.S. Residents traveling to Costa Rica with Covid-19 medical expenses covered and treated the same as any other sickness. It offers travel health insurance coverage for visiting Costa Rica listed below:
Buy Safe Travels Voyager Insurance
- Provides a minimum coverage of $2,000 for potential or extended quarantine lodging expenses due to Covid19.
- Provides best trip insurance for covid coverage for the entire duration of travel in Costa Rica.
- Provides guaranteed travel insurance for covid cover for medical expenses of at least USD $50,000.
Buy Safe Travels Explorer Insurance
- Provides a minimum coverage of $2,000 for potential or extended quarantine lodging expenses due to Covid19
- Covid19 medical expenses are covered and treated the same as any other sickness
- Offers coverage of $50,000 for emergency medical expenses
- Offers comprehensive trip cancellation coverage
Buy Safe Travels Outbound Insurance
- Travel insurance for US Citizens and US Residents traveling outside USA
- Provides minimum coverage of $2,000 for potential or extended quarantine lodging expenses due to Covid19.
- Provides guaranteed travel insurance for Covid19 for medical expenses of at least USD $50,000.
- Covid-19 is covered as any other sickness.
- Covid Quarantine Benefit: Coverage for accommodations due to a covered Trip Delay $2,000/$150 per person per day (6 hours or more) is included in the basic coverage.
- Optional Quarantine Benefit Upgrade at additional price Trip Delay Max Upgrade - including Accommodations (6 Hours or more) $4000 ($300/day) or $7000 ($500 per day)
Buy IMG Trip Insurance
- Travel SE Covid Quarantine Benefit: Travel SE plan offers Coverage for accommodations due to a covered Trip Delay $2,000/$125 per person per day is included in the basic coverage.
- Travel LX Covid Quarantine Benefit: Travel LX plan offers Coverage for accommodations due to a covered Trip Delay $2,500/$250 per person per day is included in the basic coverage.
The Safe Travel Voyager insurance plan provides a visa letter stating that the Costa Rica health insurance for visitors covers Covid 19 illness, which is used to complete the Health Pass document and QR code generation. Therefore this plan cannot be bought if the traveler has already left the US. This visa letter can be downloaded online after buying the plan online. To only satisfy the Costa Rica health insurance for visitors requirements, you can use a $0 trip cost and the date you purchased your plane ticket or travel package as the trip deposit date, this will reduce the price of the Safe Travels voyager plan.
The Safe Travels Voyager plan is a trip cancellation plan which means you can insure the value of your trip. However, Costa Rica does not care whether you insure your trip or not. If you enter $500 or less for "trip cost", you will pay the lowest possible rate. Also, the policy is not cancellable (except within the first 10 day "free look" period) since it is meant to be used in case of trip cancellation.
Note that only some specific situations are listed for refund of non-reimbursable costs of your trip (up to what you insured). If you want more flexibility, many people can opt for a "Cancel For Any Reason" rider (or CFAR). If you invoke the CFAR rider, you only get 75% of your money back and you must cancel at least 24 hours before you depart. Note that this policy is technically not extendable as it is meant to cover a single trip only.
Travelers can compare Costa Rica covid insurance cost and buy online according to their needs.
Safe Travels Voyager Insurance benefits
- Trip Cancellation: Up to 100% of trip cost insured.
- Trip Interruption: 150% of trip cost insured.
- Trip Delay: $2,000 including Accommodations ($150/day) (6 hours or more).
- Up to $250,000 in PRIMARY emergency medical coverage.
- Cancel for Any Reason available.
- Pet Coverage Included.
Please select destination as "Costa Rica" in online application to ensure that visa letter document clearly indicates Covid coverage in Costa Rica.
Buy Trip Protector Preferred Insurance
- Available for US citizens and US residents whose home country is US and must be travelling outside USA
- Satisfies Costa Rica travel insurance requirements
- Includes $2000 in travel delay benefits for Covid quarantine/lodging
- This is a benefit that more and more countries are requiring, in particular, Costa Rica
Safe Travels International insurance
by Trawick International is available for Non U.S. Residents traveling to Costa Rica with Covid-19 medical expenses covered and treated the same as any other sickness. They are travel insurance plans without trip insurance coverage.
They are cancellable and extendable should that be needed. If you cancel before the start date of the policy, you will get a full refund. After the start date, you will have to pay a $25 cancellation fee and you will get a pro-rated refund on your policy.
It offers Costa Rica health insurance coverage for entry to Costa Rica listed below:
- Provides a minimum coverage of $2,000 Trip Delay benefit for potential or extended quarantine lodging expenses due to Covid19.
- Provides best travel insurance for Non US residents for the entire duration of travel in Costa Rica.
- Provides coverage for medical expenses of at least USD $50,000.
Travel to Costa Rica, Vacation in Costa Rica and need to satisfy Costa Rica covid insurance requirements
Costa Rica is a country in Central America with the coast lines as Caribbean and the Pacific. San Jose is the capital of Costa Rica. Costa Rica is popularly known for its tropical beaches, wonderful nature with protected jungles and wildlife. It is an ideal vacation or holiday spot which attracts thousands of people from outside to enjoy and experience the wonderful nature of the place.
People visiting Costa Rica:
People from various countries love to travel to Costa Rica to experience this natural wonder. Although people from North America and other parts of the US including some European countries are the most common visitors here, people from all over the world wish to experience the adventure in Costa Rica.
After the arrival of the pandemic Covid-19, most of the vacation spots were closed for a long duration from March 2020 to almost September 2020 and so was this place as well. After the travel companies and flights started flying internationally sometime in late August and September, many people have been wanting to experience the beautiful nature of this place and the travel to Costa Rica has been in high demand. As we already know that the travel outside the home country must be accompanied by travel insurance, people are in the urge to buy travel insurance to travel outside their countries.
Costa Rican Government has enforced a mandatory benefit requirement in the travel insurance plan known as the lodging benefit. This is needed when the visitors arrive in Costa Rica to quarantine themselves in a place like a hotel, before going out and starting their holiday activities in all the places of Costa Rica. This benefit is specified as $2000 and the coverage for this benefit is a must in the travel insurance plan.
Soon after the travel companies started working, none of the travel insurance plans had this benefit. However, one plan from the company Trawick International provides this benefit in the plan called Safe Travels Voyager plan which satisfies Costa Rica travel insurance requirements. This plan provides the $2000 lodging benefit and this is highly recommended for people traveling to Costa Rica.
People of all ages can buy this plan. This plan is available only for US citizens and US residents.
This plan is not available for the residents of New Hampshire and Pennsylvania.
Safe Travels Voyager plan is a trip protection plan from the company Trawick International and is the plan that is highly recommended for people traveling to Costa Rica with the lodging benefit. This plan has a policy maximum option of $250,000 . Trip cancellation is covered 100%of trip cost, Trip Interruption is covered up to 150% of trip cost and the trip delay is covered for $2,000 with the benefit of accommodations($150/day, 6 hours or more). Dental coverage of $750 is available with this plan. Trip cancellation for any reason is available which covers 75% of trip cost.
This plan has an optional coverage to extend the coverage. If needed you may obtain an extension of coverage, subject to the Company's approval, by contacting the Company before Your coverage is scheduled to end. The Company will extend Your coverage under this Policy from Your Scheduled Return Date, as long as:
- You have not experienced an Accidental Injury or Sickness, or have not had medical treatment during Your Trip;
- Coverage under this Policy is in force at the time You request an extension;
- You pay any additional required premium for such extension; and
- Your entire Trip length does not exceed one hundred eighty (180) days.